Well behaved dogs are welcome at Castlemead, usually accommodated in Coach House Rooms with independent access. Please inform us during booking that you wish to be accompanied by your pet, so we can allocate you to a pet friendly room.
We welcome dogs into most public areas of the hotel, accompanied by their well-behaved owners. Weather permitting, we encourage alfresco dining, where your dog can accompany you.
Guide & support dogs are welcome everywhere.
Although we aim for a very relaxed environment, we do have a few requests, to ensure the comfort of everyone:
- We ask pet owners to bring their own dog bedding, to provide pets comfort.
- Pets are in not permitted on any of the furniture at Castlemead.
- If they are mucky or wet after a walk, please do dry them off so that they are clean before entering any part of the hotel.
- We have large grounds, which your pet is welcome to enjoy with the gate shut, on the lead if appropriate.
- We ask guest to clean up after their dogs, bin & running water is available in the car park.
- We ask you to consider our other guests and to keep your dog under control at all times. Should your dog bark or whine incessantly during your stay then sadly we must ask you to leave.
- Any damage done will be charged appropriately.
If you have any queries, please contact us directly via email or over the phone.
Castlemead’s Resident dogs Peggy Sue & Lottie enjoying a walk at fresh water west. They can often be found wondering the grounds at Castlemead with a stick, looking for a play mate.